henky1 vaiodream.com

A petroleum engineer by profession, an adventurer by heart, a dreamer by nature.... It's all about a dream world and everything that I'm dreaming of.

NG
For more pictures,
click here !
Journal

Finding your VaioDream archive :



Power by:

Hi guys,
Only the blog-part of my website will be posted in three languages; English, French and Indonesian! I hope it would be a nice cultural interaction ..... Have a nice reading.
Saturday, February 16, 2008
 
Father and Son on Moving Forward (From Rocky Balboa)


Another saturday in Port Harcourt, after another golf game in the morning and tennis in the afternoon, I spent this evening in serenity and watched Rocky Balboa, the movie. It's one of dvds that I bought before coming over here which I rarely had time to watch. Finally, not to mention the high work load in the office, there are so much to do here (so much that I wanna do) and I hardly find time to do all of them.

Silvester Stalone is still in a good shape as ever (Despite the steroid that he uses, it is amazing to see a man at his age has a shape like that) and like any other Holywood movies, the film is light, entertaning, yet full of inspirational dialogue and scene. The dialogue between Rocky and his son about pursuing something in life here below is one of them:

You aint gonna believe this, but you used to fit right here in my fingers. I would hold you up and say to your mother:"This kid is gonna be the best kid in the world. This kid is gonna be somebody better than anybody ever knew"

And you grew up, good and wonderful. It was great just watching and everyday was like a privilege. Then the time come for you to be your own man and take on the world and you did.

But somewhere along the line you changed. You stopped being you.

You start to let people stick a finger in your face and tell you that you are no good. And when things got hard, you started looking for something to blame ... like a big shadow.

But, let me tell you something you have already known.

The world is not just sunshine and rainbow. It is a very mean and nasty place ... and I do not care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there if you let in.

You, me or anybody is gonna hit as hard as life.

"PS: And we go to my favorite quote of today :) "

But it ain't about how hard you hit. It is about how hard you can get hit and moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward.

That's how winning is done.

If you know what you are worth, go and get what you are worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hits and not pointing fingers ... saying you aint where you wanna be because of him or her or anybody.

Cowars do that, and that ain't you. You are better than that.

Well, I take this as one of the lessons from my nigerian journey :) Have a good weekend everyone, I wish you well.



copyright © 2002 Henricus HERWIN