henky1 vaiodream.com

A petroleum engineer by profession, an adventurer by heart, a dreamer by nature.... It's all about a dream world and everything that I'm dreaming of.

NG
For more pictures,
click here !
Journal

Finding your VaioDream archive :



Power by:

Hi guys,
Only the blog-part of my website will be posted in three languages; English, French and Indonesian! I hope it would be a nice cultural interaction ..... Have a nice reading.
Thursday, November 28, 2002
 
Asian Dream

Hongkong
When I was a kid, american dream was always be an inspiration. The way how the americans wrap their idea and share it, not just for their own, but also for the world is always impressing to me. At that time, I thought that I took part to their culture and be with them in their nation building.

After time pass by, the memories that I get from Indonesia such as the interaction with its people, its culture and also its nature, become an unchangeable treasure. Yes I'm proud to be an Indonesian and want to create my own national dream! Not just stop there, maybe it's better to expand it to be an asian one. Firstly because Indonesia's in Asia so more or less having the same history and culture, and secondly I believe by sharing our hope and dream, together we could make the new one which become ours. When we share the obstacle, it would be easier to reach the goal ....... Yes, I believe in the power of sharing !

So who would be the icon to present our asian dream, in my version :). I'll start it from my home country ..... and you can also choose your own of course :)

Dewi Lestari or better known as Dee, one third of the RSD singing trio who makes a huge literary wave in Indonesia. She writes a science fiction novel which is still rare in Indonesia and takes a homosexual couple as her principle actors (It's a sensitive issue in our country). She doesn't just talk about a serious thing like normally happen in the science book, she combines it with a very romantic love story between these two Homo and also a tragic love story of another normal couple who was married because of their parents and their social status (there are still a lot of case like this in our society, right ?).

She's brave to express her creativity .......her work is different but see, she can make it guys so don't worry to be whatever you're. Be unique, be creative and be brave ....

From Japan, I prefer Doraemon ..... a Japanese cartoon star who transmits a message that future can be likeable, the present is redeemable and you can be happy even if you're blue. It's a just a simple design of cartoon, so far away if we compare with the modern manga design. But in many ways, for the one from my generation, Doraemon always rests as our Asian idol.

If we want to choose a politician, Zhao Ziyang would be one of our choices. He was the secretary of the Chinese Communist Party, a powerful man during the Tiananmen tragedy. In the night when China's leaders were finalizing their plans to declare martial law and crush this square, he went there and waded into the throngs of students and in the gathering darkness pleaded with them to abandon their vigil before it was too late. It was, many people were died although maybe there would be much more if he wasn't there. He lost his post and lived in house arrest after that ...... He was in the wrong place at the wrong time but at least he did the right thing!

Like Karl Marx said "if I don't go to hell, who else will ?", S'il y'a personne pour prendre la responsabilite, j'y irais ...... sometime we need to take a risk, and life is just like a game, risk is one of the adventure element in it :)

You can choose another heroes and also create your own dream guys ! Go for whatever you want, it's your life anyway ..... and go asian new generation !




copyright © 2002 Henricus HERWIN